Monday, January 30, 2006

you make me feel like a catherine wheel



Here is another mainstay of my MP3 player. Salad were one of those 1990s bands who had a few hits and then drifted off, never to be seen again. I saw them live a few times and always enjoyed their gigs, but their recorded output was sometimes a bit variable .. which is why they probably dispanded.

Quite a few of their best tracks were B-sides or album tracks (Julius, Insomnia, A Size more Woman Than Her etc.) and these are the ones that drift around on my player, making my ears happy when I hear them. The track you can preview below, Julius, is one of the B-sides of their biggest hit (as far as I know), Drink the Elixir, and is beautiful simplicity incarnate with the brilliant lyric ... 'you make me feel like a catherine wheel' ... enjoy!

salad - julius

The lead singer of Salad, Marijne Van Der Vlugt, has a new band, Cowboy Racer who are worth checking out.

No comments: