Tuesday, March 21, 2006

go ahead. make my day.


Today's question is a simple one.

Who has got the best theme, The Sweeney or Starsky and Hutch?

By looking at the pictures above you might imagine that those US boys think that they have it in the bag ... but if you ask me the crazy guitar work in the middle of the Sweeney tune wins every time. What do you think?

the alan tew orchestra - the sweeney


tom scott - gotcha (the theme from starsky and hutch)

These MP3s come off some 7" singles I'm going to list on ebay later today, so if you are a vinyl junkie you might want to take a look here. Otherwise you can get some of this stuff on CD at amazon here

3 comments:

coxon le woof said...

Starsky and Hutch every time for me!

It's just too cool for school!

Anonymous said...

Well, I've always loved Starsky and Hutch and the theme is kicking, but I gotta vote for "The Sweeny", though I don't know a thing bout it. What was it and when? Damn good post!! Thank yew.

Tim Young said...

..for those of you across the pond who don't know about the sweeney .. just click on the link in the post .. it will tell you everything you need to know!