Thursday, November 02, 2006

words to live by



Being on this side of the Atlantic I'm not too ashamed to say that I didn't hear of Eric Metronome until I came to hear his ongoing cover of the week project via various mp3 blogs. If this wasn't enough to keep him busy, he has also just released an album of original material, You Should be Happy, available from Sunken Treasure.

Over the last few weeks it has happily snuck into my listening rotation and never felt out of place. Those of you who haven't heard him will quickly and not unfairly make comparisons to Elliot Smith with his soft melocholic songwriting and carefully double tracked vocals. The track that has most stuck in my head is the short but sweet words to live by about seeing the phrase darling, I love you painted on a bridge. Some of the best inspiration is the simplest.

eric metronome - words to live by

No comments: