Wednesday, January 18, 2006

hot burrito #1


There are some powerful songs in the world, like hot burrito #1, by Gram Parsons / The Flying Burrito Brothers. The thing is I don't think I've ever heard a version which 100% does the song justice. There have obviously been lots of country versions which are of sub-quality to the original .. and the version by by Belly which is available on their best of ... which is great, and probably my favourite ....

This is another one of those situations where I realise that the original is the best isn't it?

Then I stop moaning and get on with making some new music of my own.

As yet I haven't had any comments on my 'currently unnamed' band's finished song

i know that i would

so if you've got a minute or three ....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought Elvis Costello's version, released as a 12" single a couple of decades ago (jeez...), was amazingly good. Is that on one of his re-re-re-releases?... It should be.

- David Jacks